Monasticism, Social Engagement, Woman,
The conference was held Friday to Monday, 17th to the 20th October 1997, Benedictine Abbey of St. Ottilien.
There where 29 participants from Austria, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Great Britan, Japan, Sri Lanka and Sweden.
Topics of the conference where:
- Social engagement
- Hermeneutic/ doctrinal studies
Introduction to the Conference
Fr. Götz Welcome to Monastery
and Personal experience of intermonastic exchange.
Dr. Shenpen Hookam – Women in Buddhism
Dr. von Bruck – Hermeneutic/doctrinal approaches
Prof. Aasulv Lande, Experiences in Christian Buddhist Encounter
Dharmachari Kulananda, Western Buddhist Order, Engaged Buddhism
Brother Josef Götz – slides – with guests invited from Munich.
Presentation about the network – Dr. Andrew Wingate.
Plenary to summarise and conclude meeting.
To download the conference-talks:
- Women and Buddhism, by Shenpen Hookham. Look here.
- Engaged Buddhism, by Dharmachari Kulananda. Look here.
- Hermeneutic Aspects, by Michael von Brück. Look here.
- Discussion about Hermeneutic Aspects, by Michael von Brück. Look here.